Coach Sean Scarbrough
In the grit of Los Angeles gang culture, Sean faced bullying and low self-esteem in elementary school. As a result, he began his martial arts journey with Kenpo Karate and Western Boxing as a young teen. Over the next 27 years he expanded his martial arts training to include Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Dirty Boxing.
Sean has served in law enforcement for 21 years. His personal and professional experiences led to his passion for empowering people through the power of martial arts.
In his free time, Sean enjoys spending time with his family, exercising outdoors, reading, and binge-watching movies. He is a part-time Christian teacher and motivational speaker. He also likes writing fiction.
- 27 years of martial arts training: Western Boxing, Dirty Boxing, Kenpo Karate, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- 21 years of law enforcement experience:
- L.A. Sheriff’s Dept.
- L.A. Probation Dept
- Over 500 hours of training: gang culture and tactics, suicide prevention, crisis management, child abuse, and behavioral psychology.
- 15 years of experience counseling and mentoring troubled teens and adults.
- 24 years of volunteer work counseling and teaching life skills.
“A wise person is mightier than a strong one; a knowledgeable person than a powerful one.”
Empower Yourself Today
Take a free 1 hour class and learn life-saving skills today